Thinking of Taking Your First River Cruise?
You couldn't have picked a better time. With more river cruise ships sailing more itineraries on more rivers than ever before, and new ones being added all the time (including options for families) this is the year to try one.
If you're wondering whether river cruising really is for you, here are 10 reasons why we think it might float your boat:
- You only have to pack and unpack once.
- You get to see multiple destinations in one vacation.
- You don’t have to get in a car, worry about foreign traffic laws and hassle with rental pick-ups and returns—but if you like driving you can still rent before or after your cruise, or even during the day, as port stops often run from 8 a.m. until midnight.
- You won’t need to lug large suitcases on and off trains, or be downstairs on a bus every day or so, as you move around effortlessly, up and down beautiful rivers.
- It’s a group adventure, making new friends, joining daily excursions to old cities, churches, museums, markets, vineyards, concerts and historical sites.
- Or, you can do your own thing, whether it’s staying on the ship or wandering into town on your own or experiencing the stops as if you were an independent traveler.
- You can stay active, walking or running on shore; take advantage of an impressive gym with cardio and weight machines as well as free weights; or swim against the current in the high-tech pool. Many river vessels also offer bikes you can use for land-based explorations or just to work up a sweat.
- You can sample local cuisines from street vendors to Michelin restaurants, or you can keep your wallet in the safe and eat all-inclusively on most vessels. Menus are increasingly sourced locally so you can get a feel for the tastes of the places you’re visiting.
- Many vessels stay in port until midnight or overnight, so you can experience the local nightlife without having to worry about getting up early to move on to your next stop.
- You get to know the crew, and enjoy the same high standard of service the entire trip.
Unlike ocean cruises, on a river cruise almost everything is included, such as meals, shore excursions, Wi-Fi and perhaps even airport transfers, tipping and open bar. You can cruise without spending another penny, and you might find the cost hard to match. Yes, you could do all of this at a resort, but you won't wake up the next morning in a different destination, which is the magic of river cruising.
Call us at Wanderlust Travel Boutique to begin planning your river cruise.
Jamie Jackson: (336) 263-1977 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Concierge at Wanderlust Travel Boutique
At Wanderlust Travel Boutique, we will create a truly personalized, hassle-free vacation with a comprehensive itinerary so you can enjoy an unforgettable experience.
If not now, when?